Takes Takes and Takes of an Eagles Fan
At the time of this post, we are about two weeks away from real NFL football! I know, I know, I can’t believe it either. But here we are, and I’m here looking at a Philadelphia Eagles team with a ton of short and long term questions.
- How’s the new secondary going to look?
- Who’s going to play Linebacker?
- What will the new receivers bring to the table?
- Will Alshon come back?
- Can Carson stay healthy?
The list goes on…
So, I will take a shot at answering some of these questions. Since we don’t have a preseason to actually lay eyes on these players, my ideas are purely based on past experiences, what little I do know about how the team operates, and tidbits that I’ve picked up from the beat reporters.
Some things you won’t see in this article:
- Hot Takes (I despise them, but that’s a different article)
- Narrative pushing
- Group Think
So here we go…..make sure you save this article so you can call me a fool when the season is over.
TAKES TAKES AND MORE TAKES
- In the long run, Jalen Reagor is going to be an excellent player. I believe he’s a keeper.
Jalen Raegor Targaryen flies across the sky and breathes fire on 50/50 balls. pic.twitter.com/4dNT0Lbuh6
— Anthony Tomaino (@AnthonyNYGiant) March 5, 2020
- I think John Hightower is going to be a solid player as well. Maybe not immediately, but as we advance, I think he develops.
- Miles Sanders is going to be suitable back for a long time.
Been here. Still here.
ALLLLLL THE Miles Sanders. ALL. pic.twitter.com/jc08hqT8qG
— Derek Brown (@DBro_FFB) August 30, 2020
- Isaac Seumalo has quietly developed into a very dependable lineman.
- There is a real concern about the OT position right now and going forward.
- The three high-paid DT rotation can’t work long term.
- Howie needs to reinvest in the DE position.
- Avonte Maddox will look really good at times; other times, his lack of height will be a problem.
- Move on from Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas, if you haven’t already. It’s not going to happen for them in Philly.
- Keep the combination of Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert together for as long as possible. But have a passing of the torch as far as targets and productivity. Goedert is going to be the guy sooner rather than later.
- Will Parks isn’t talked about enough. He can play.
- The minute Carson Wentz throws his first interception of the season, some fool somewhere will say, “Put Hurts in!”
- Eagles fans will have to wait a while for Davion Taylor. He’s raw.
- Speaking of raw see Watkins, Quez.
Quez Watkins release off the line here ?? pic.twitter.com/xPf51fzCB8
— Tyler Steege (@TSteegeNFL) August 15, 2020
- Jalen Mills is a smart, physical, and mentally tough player that isn’t the fastest guy in the world. As long as fans understand that simple fact, they will never argue about his play again.
- Carson Wentz is an upper-echelon QB that needs to stay healthy. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Miles Sanders is going to be goo…(Oh I said that already).
- Trading a 4th for Genard Avery was a mistake.
- Brandon Brooks is a freak of nature.
- Derek Barnett is the example of the phrase high floor, low ceiling. That’s not a bad thing either.
- The Eagles will get whatever they can out of Alshon Jeffrey, then say goodbye in the offseason.
- It’s going to be a big offseason, Howie is Harry Potter with the cap, but big moves will have to be made.
- JJ Arcega-Whiteside will look better this year.
- If the Eagles stay relatively healthy for the season, my guess is they win 9 or 10 games.
That’s it! That’s all I got for now. If I come up with more, I’ll let you know.